[CogSci] Experiments in Linguistic Meaning (ELM) Conference, September 16-18, 2020

Papafragou, Anna anna4 at sas.upenn.edu
Wed Sep 2 06:12:59 PDT 2020

******apologies for cross-posting******
Dear colleagues,
The first Experiments in Linguistic Meaning (ELM) conference will be hosted virtually by the University of Pennsylvania, September 16-18, 2020. The conference is dedicated to the experimental study of linguistic meaning broadly construed, with a focus on theoretical issues in semantics and pragmatics, their interplay with other components of the grammar, their relation to language processing and acquisition, as well as their connections to human cognition and computation. ELM aims to include representation of linguistic, psychological, logical, philosophical, social, developmental, computational, as well as cross-linguistic and cross-cultural perspectives. The ELM schedule can be found here:
https://www.elm-conference.net/2020-conference/program/
Registration is free but required.  If you would like to attend, please register as soon as possible:
https://www.elm-conference.net/2020-conference/registration/
ELM was conceived as a biennial meeting to foster the interdisciplinary study of meaning, and to create a community of scholars that might not otherwise meet and interact with each other with regularity. We hope that this year's virtual ELM will provide a truly interactive, community-building experience, including different types of synchronous and asynchronous exchanges before, during, and after the conference, as well as pop-up mentoring opportunities:
https://www.elm-conference.net/2020-conference/pop-up-mentoring/
Finally, we are pleased to announce that Proceedings from ELM will be available from the Linguistic Society of America as an open-access publication:
https://www.linguisticsociety.org/news/2020/09/01/lsa-publish-new-proceedings-elm-conference
We are looking forward to seeing you there!
Best regards,
Florian Schwarz and Anna Papafragou
ELM Co-Organizers

P.S. By coincidence, two conferences with the acronym ELM were conceived of at a similar time. Our  friends at the other ELM (Expression, Language, Music) can be found here: https://elm.clas.uconn.edu/

Anna Papafragou
Professor
Department of Linguistics
University of Pennsylvania