[CogSci] International Conference on Error-Driven Learning in Language (EDLL 2021)

Jessie Nixon jessie.nixon at uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Nov 4 23:44:07 PST 2020

Dear colleagues,

we're inviting submissions for the International Conference on
Error-Driven Learning in Language (EDLL 2021).
Please see details below.

Date: 10-Mar-2021 - 12-Mar-2021
Location: Online /Tübingen, Germany
Meeting URL: https://quantling.org/EDLL2021/

Meeting Description:

International Conference on Error-Driven Learning in Language (EDLL 2021).

Error-driven learning models, such as Rescorla and Wagner (1972) and
Widrow and Hoff (1960) have had a major influence on many areas of
psychology related to human and animal learning. However, research on
language learning took a separate path for a long time. Recently,
insights from error-driven learning have begun to be applied to a
broad range of language phenomena with very promising results. For
example, error-driven learning models have addressed questions
relating to reading, spoken word comprehension, colour and number
acquisition, word learning, first and second language speech sound
acquisition, morphological processing, sentence processing, neural
correlates of prediction error and more.

The International Conference on Error-Driven Learning in Language
(EDLL 2021) aims to bring together researchers interested in
error-driven learning in speech and language. The conference will be
held online 10-12 March, 2021.

Call for Papers:

We are inviting experimental, computational or theoretical abstracts
on any topic in error-driven learning of speech or language. Suitable
topics include but are not limited to:
The role of error in
- first and second language acquisition
- learning or processing phonetic, morphological, syntactical or
lexical information
- sentence processing, syntax and grammar acquisition and processing
as well as
- neural processing of error feedback during speech and language
comprehension, production or learning
- the relationship between error-driven learning and information theory
- comparison of error-driven learning with different learning models
such as Hebbian learning, statistical learning, Bayesian learning,
distributional learning.

Invited speakers:
We are pleased to announce that the following speakers have confirmed:
Prof Adele Goldberg, University of Princeton
Prof Randall O’Reilly, University of California, Davis
Dr Petar Milin, University of Birmingham

Important dates:
Abstracts due:  7 December, 2020
Notification of acceptance sent: 8 February, 2021
Conference: 10-12 March, 2021.

Registration:
There will be no registration fee. Participation is free. However,
participants will be required to register. Registration information to
follow.

Submission guidelines:
Please submit your anonymous abstracts to
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=edll2021
Abstracts should be written in English and be no more than one page of
text, with an optional second page for tables, figures and references.
Please use 11 point Arial font for the whole abstract, including the
title.

We will publish abstracts in an online proceedings. Authors will
retain copyright.

Programme committee
Jessie Nixon
Elnaz Shafaei-Bajestan