[CogSci] Announcing virtual MathPsych/ICCM 2020

MathPsych/ICCM 2020 joachim+smp at uci.edu
Fri May 1 12:45:39 PDT 2020

  Announcing virtual MathPsych/ICCM 2020

VENUE: Online venue – access will be provided after registration.
DATES:  July 15-31, 2020, with *live Q&A sessions July 22-31, 2020*.

We invite you to virtual MathPsych/ICCM 2020, the joint gathering of the
53rd Annual Meeting of the Society for Mathematical Psychology and the
18th International Conference on Cognitive Modelling (ICCM): the premier
conference for research on computational models and computation-based
theories of human cognition.  Following our success in previous years,
ICCM has again joined forces with the Society for Mathematical
Psychology to create a conference in which all sessions are open to all
attendees, and cross-talk is highly encouraged.

Virtual MathPsych/ICCM 2020 is a forum for presenting and discussing the
complete spectrum of cognitive modeling approaches, including
connectionism, symbolic modeling, dynamical systems, Bayesian modeling,
and cognitive architectures. Research topics can range from low-level
perception to high-level reasoning. We also welcome contributions that
use computational models to better understand neuroscientific data.

The virtual conference will run from *July 15, 2020* (approx. 9am
Eastern daylight time) to *July 31, 2020* (approx. 6pm Eastern daylight
time) with live Q&A sessions *July 22, 2020* to *July 31, 2020*.
Pre-recorded talks and poster and a discussion forum will be available
throughout the conference period. More information about the schedule
for submitting video presentations, viewing periods etc., can be found
on the conference website <http://mathpsych.org/conferences/2020/>.

Virtual MathPsych/ICCM 2020 is now accepting submissions.  Please visit
the conference website <http://mathpsych.org/conferences/2020/> or go
directly to the submission website
<https://www.conftool.org/mathpsych-iccm2020/>.

*The deadline for all MathPsych and ICCM submissions is May 8, 2020.*

There are 4 submission categories:

 1. Symposia
 2. MathPsych Abstracts (up to 250 words)
 3. ICCM Extended Abstracts (up to 2 pages)
 4. ICCM Full papers (up to 6 pages)

Please note that there are 3 categories of presentations:

 1. Symposia (submissions have closed)
 2. Talks
 3. Posters -- this presentation format will be replaced by
    lightning/flash talks

For all three presentation types the initial structure will be identical:

*Asynchronous:* recorded talks (15 minutes or less for symposium talks
and regular talks; 5 minutes or less for posters, with no more than 4
slides). After a viewing period, we will open a discussion board where
people can pre-post panel questions.

Second part of structure:

*Synchronous:* Symposia will be followed by a LIVE discussion panel
during which panelists answer questions from the discussion board first
and then take questions from a live audience. Times for these discussion
panels will be staggered over time zones.

More information about the schedule for submitting video presentations,
suggested viewing periods etc., will be made available on the conference
website <http://mathpsych.org/conferences/2020/>.

    How-to

A how-to guide for prerecording your video presentation along with
uploading instructions will be disseminated once acceptance
notifications have been made.

    Confirmed speakers and events

We are pleased to announce these world-class invited speakers and events:

  * Interview with Senor Fellow Award winner Jean-Claude Falmagne
    (University of California-Irvine)
  * Professional Development Symposium (Women of MathPsych)
  * The 27th Annual ACT-R Workshop (Dan Bothell and Christian Lebiere)
  * Symposium: Perspectives on 'What makes a good theory?' (Iris van
    Rooij and Chris Donkin)
  * Symposium: Optimal experimental design: developments and
    applications (Filip Melinscak, Jay Myung, and Mark Pitt)
  * Symposium: Computational model-based cognitive neuroscience (Percy
    Mistry)

Note that our Estes early career award winners will be honored and give
their keynote addresses at the (hopefully) in-person conference in 2021.

  * Dora Matzke (University of Amsterdam; Estes Early Career Award winner)
  * Joseph Austerweil (University of Wisconsin-Madison; Estes Early
    Career Award winner)

    Code of Conduct

Please note that everyone attending the meeting will be expected to
adhere to the Society's Code of Conduct.  Attendees or applicants who
have a priori concerns about the accessibility, inclusiveness, or
welcoming nature of the conference should feel free to contact the
Conference Chair directly at conference at mathpsych.org
<mailto:conference at mathpsych.org>.

--

We look forward to seeing you in Cyberspace!

On behalf of the MathPsych/ICCM 2020 Conference Committee,

--
Joachim Vandekerckhove
Conference Chair
joachim+smp at uci.edu