[CogSci] research technician position, Yale University

M.J. Crockett mollycrockett at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 13:57:22 PST 2020

The Crockett Lab <http://www.crockettlab.org/> at Yale University invites
applications for a full-time Research Technician position to begin in
summer/fall 2020 (start date flexible). We will begin reviewing
applications on 2/15/20 and continue until the position is filled. We are
looking for applicants interested in applying computational approaches to
studying human morality, emotion, and decision-making and its neural basis.
Our lab uses a range of methods including computational modeling,
functional brain imaging and behavioral experiments online, in the lab and
the field. Some of our current projects are investigating how narratives
influence moral judgment and decision-making; how social media impacts
moral emotions and political behavior; the cognitive and neural mechanisms
of dishonesty, hypocrisy, trust, and social influence; and social cognition
in mental health disorders.

The Research Technician will contribute to all aspects of our lab’s
research, including (1) programming experiments and collecting data for
behavioral, online and fMRI studies; (2) analyzing data using practices
geared toward fully reproducible science (e.g. GitHub, OSF); (3) developing
secure databases for storing behavioral data, neuroimaging data, and big
datasets scraped from social media; and (4) general lab computing support.
The position is an excellent opportunity to gain multidisciplinary research
experience tackling some of society’s most pressing problems, including
incivility, disinformation, political polarization, and mental illness. The
ideal candidate will be interested in ultimately pursuing graduate study in
psychology, neuroscience, data science, or a related field, and will be
able to make a two-year commitment.

More details of the position and application materials can be found here:
http://www.crockettlab.org/join-us

M.J. Crockett
Department of Psychology
Yale University