[CogSci] Call for studies on the illusory truth effect

Emma Henderson emmahenderson2011 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 03:43:24 PST 2020

Dear colleagues,

We are conducting a systematic map of the *illusory truth effect*, also
known as the validity or reiteration effect. Our goal is to provide a
comprehensive summary of research on this topic that will help researchers
identify areas that merit further research.

As part of this review, we are seeking both published and unpublished
studies that measure the effect of repeating items on truth judgements
about those items. We hope that we have found all of the published papers
on the illusory truth effect, but we’d appreciate it if you could send us
citations to any of your published work on the topic just in case we missed
one of yours. Additionally, if you have posted data and/or materials to an
online repository after publication of your work, we would be grateful if
you could send us the link.

Critically, we are trying to collect as many unpublished or “file drawer”
studies as possible. We would greatly appreciate it if you could send us
any completed studies on the topic that have not yet been published in a
journal (e.g., dissertations, conference papers and posters, rejected
manuscripts, in-press publications, etc). If you are unsure whether or not
your study meets our criteria, you can either ask us or just send it and
we’ll make that determination. Please direct studies, leads, and/or
questions to me at *e.henderson at kingston.ac.uk <e.henderson at kingston.ac.uk>*
.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Emma L Henderson, Frédéric Vallée-Tourangeau and Daniel J Simons