[CogSci] Job Opportunity at cSCAN, INP, University of Glasgow

Psychology-Admin psychology-admin at glasgow.ac.uk
Thu Feb 13 00:45:58 PST 2020

Full-time Permanent Faculty Positions: Centre for Social, Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience (cSCAN) at the Institute of Neuroscience & Psychology (INP), University of Glasgow, Scotland

The Centre for Social, Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience (cSCAN) is actively pursuing multiple research appointments at all levels (Lecturer/Assistant Professor, Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor, Reader/Associate Professor, Professor/Full Professor) to enrich our internationally connected research-intense environment and world-leading reputation in social perception, social cognition, social neuroscience, social interaction and communication, with an emerging leadership in behaviour change. cSCAN members operate in a research-rich capacity, with teaching-rich staff leading in the innovation and delivery of education.

Research focus. cSCAN is a uniquely interdisciplinary research environment that brings together international researchers across a range of complementary disciplines including Psychology, Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Computer Science and Engineering who work together to address central questions in social, cognitive, and affective science.

Interdisciplinary links. Our researchers have close links with centres and departments across the university, including:

  *   Computing Sciences. Our interdisciplinary Glasgow Social Robotics group was recently awarded a UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Socially Intelligent Artificial Agents with funding for 50 PhD students over the next 8 years (https://socialcdt.org/)
  *   Institute of Health and Well-Being.  Many of our members work closely with top researchers in this world-leading interdisciplinary research centre focused on improving population health and reducing inequalities.

Facilities and in-house expertise. A wide variety of state-of-the-art methods and technologies are available:

  *   Full, on-site brain-imaging suite comprising 7T fMRI, 3T fMRI, MEG, EEG and TMS via the Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging (CCNi) with expertise in combining technologies (e.g., fMRI+EEG, MEG+Eye tracking, EEG+TMS). Affiliate facilities include ECoG at The Glasgow Epilepsy Centre
  *   A range of technologies used for studying human behavior as well as for the design of applications, including virtual reality environments and the cSCAN's own state of the art tools for creating virtual and robotic social agents, specifically for generating dialog, posture, gestures, facial actions and facial morphology.
  *   Multiple technologies for capturing behaviour, including eye trackers, 3D facial morphology, motion capture systems and voice capture.

Researchers also have the following dedicated research support facilities:

  *   Online, secure Subject Pool (1000+ members, 16-80+ years, 100+ nationalities)
  *   In-house computing support team providing 6+ Petabytes of storage, High Performance Computing (HPC, 5k cores, 5Tb RAM, 20+ GPU cards), high-security data management systems, advice, sourcing and installation of high-performance computing equipment and software development of on-line research facilities

Links to cSCAN and Institute of Neuroscience & Psychology
https://www.gla.ac.uk/researchinstitutes/neurosciencepsychology/research/cscan/
http://cscan.gla.ac.uk
https://www.gla.ac.uk/researchinstitutes/neurosciencepsychology/

Please contact cSCAN-vacancies at glasgow.ac.uk<mailto:cSCAN-vacancies at glasgow.ac.uk> for further information

It is the University of Glasgow's mission to foster an inclusive climate, which ensures equality in our working, learning, research, and teaching environment. We strongly endorse the principles of Athena SWAN, including a supportive and flexible working environment, with commitment from all levels of the organization in promoting gender equity.