[CogSci] Terrific research assistant/data analyst available for hire

Andrew Gerber agerber at silverhillhospital.org
Thu Feb 6 07:56:03 PST 2020

Dear List,

I have a fantastic research assistant/data analyst with whom I have worked for the past couple years. He is now on the job market and I wanted to encourage any of you who need someone with his skills to reach out and hire him while he’s still available.

An aspiring cognitive scientist, Ben is a skilled programmer (R, Python, Matlab), data analyst (behavioral and MRI data, including XNAT and Flywheel; has a strong math and statistics background), and academic writer who knows the cognitive modeling and computational psychiatry literatures well. He’s interested in computational cognitive science and psychopathology, generally, and hopes to ultimately investigate social cognition, self-referential learning, and internalizing behaviors, although he’s certainly open to learning about and contributing to other areas. Ben works independently, is a self-starter, communicates well, and is a positive addition to any lab environment or team.

I wish I could afford to keep him, but unfortunately I just had some funding run out (due to no fault of his). He has a preference for the Northeast but is open to relocating anywhere in the US for the right position.

Best, Andrew

--
Andrew J. Gerber, MD, PhD
Associate Clinical Professor
agerber at silverhillhospital.org
O: (203) 801-2230
F: (203) 567-8671
silverhillhospital.org<https://silverhillhospital.org/>
bypass

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. ALEX