[CogSci] MIT Job Announcement -CSS

Vanessa LaMotte vlamotte at buyerads.com
Fri Sep 27 12:53:57 PDT 2019

*Tenure –Track Faculty*

*Massachusetts institute of Technology (MIT)*

*Cambridge, MA*

*Multiple Positions*

*The Department of Brain & Cognitive Sciences (BCS) (http://bcs.mit.edu
<http://bcs.mit.edu>), in collaboration with the McGovern Institute for
Brain Research (MIBR) and the Picower Institute for Learning and Memory
(PILM)* at MIT are looking to hire multiple tenure-track faculty at the
assistant professor level or higher.  We strongly encourage applications
from all areas, but we are most excited about candidates who work in either
of the following:

I.                    *Computational approaches to understanding
intelligence.* We are interested in candidates that seek an understanding
of natural intelligence by building artificially intelligent systems that
take into account neuroscience and cognitive science constraints. We seek
candidates with a diverse range of computational tools and methods,
including (but not limited to) machine learning, computer vision, robotics,
probabilistic modeling, dynamical systems, planning, programming languages,
and natural language processing. Candidates from computer science,
engineering or related backgrounds that seek to develop collaborations with
neuroscientists and cognitive scientists are particularly encouraged to
apply. We anticipate that these positions will have affiliations with the
new MIT Schwarzman College of Computing, the Computer Science and Artificial
Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL), the Center for Brains, Minds and Machines
(CBMM) and/or other allied units.

II.                  *Cellular and systems neuroscience in animal models.* We
are interested in candidates that study the mechanisms of neuronal and
brain function, plasticity and/or development at the molecular, cellular,
circuit and/or systems level using cutting edge neurogenetic, molecular,
electrophysiological or imaging technologies. Candidates with an interest
in mechanisms underlying brain disorders or aging are particularly
attractive.  Affiliation with the Broad Institute is possible.

Successful applicants are expected to develop and lead independent,
internationally competitive research programs and to share in our
commitment to excellence in undergraduate and graduate education by
teaching courses and mentoring graduate and undergraduate students. PhD
must be completed by start day of employment and some postdoctoral training
is preferred.

Please submit application materials – cover letter, CV, statement of
research and teaching interests and representative reprints – online at
https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/14277. To help direct the
application, applicants should indicate which of the two areas listed above
is their main research area by selecting from the drop-down list included
in the application. In addition, please arrange to have three letters of
recommendation submitted online.

*All application materials are due by midnight (EST) on October 31, 2019. *

*MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.*

Vanessa LaMotte
Account Coordinator Office: 857.404.0896 • Email: vlamotte at buyerads.com
189 Wells Avenue, Newton, MA 02459
<https://maps.google.com/?q=189+Wells+Avenue,+Newton,+MA+02459&entry=gmail&source=g>