[CogSci] Call for Registrations: X-SPECT’s 3rd Annual Workshop Wilding the Predictive Brain: Prediction, Culture and Context November 1st, 2019 @ University of Sussex

Kathryn Nave kathryn.nave1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 11:19:33 PDT 2019

X-SPECT’s 3rd Annual Workshop

Wilding the Predictive Brain: Prediction, Culture and Context
November 1st, 2019 @ University of Sussex

The picture of the human mind as an embodied prediction machine is now the dominant systems-level model in cognitive neuroscience. But neural prediction never happens in a vacuum. Our predictive brains are themselves embedded in layer upon layer of bodily and worldly structure and opportunity. This year the X-SPECT workshop explores these horizons, highlighting the many ways that predictive minds interface and evolve with society, culture and technology.

Our speakers this year will include: Andreas Roepstorff (Aarhus); Katerina Fotopoulou (UCL); Sarah Garfinkel (Sussex); Jelle Bruineberg (Amsterdam); Rosalyn Moran (Bristol); and Matthew Sims (Edinburgh)

A full programme is available here: https://www.x-spect.org/third-project-workshop.html

To register in advance please send an email with the subject line "Workshop Registration", and their name and affiliation, to expectingourselves at gmail.com. We only have room for 70 attendees, so book a place soon.

Hope to see many of you out this fall!

The X-SPECT Team