[CogSci] Open positions in a project on executive functions training

Maria Wirzberger maria.wirzberger at tuebingen.mpg.de
Wed Nov 13 09:15:41 PST 2019

Dear valued colleagues,

The scientific mission of the Max Planck Research Group for Rationality Enhancement (https://re.is.tuebingen.mpg.de <https://re.is.tuebingen.mpg.de/>) at the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems in Tübingen is to lay the scientific and technological foundations for helping people improve their minds, achieve their goals, and become the persons they want to be. Our research combines empirical methods from psychology with computational modeling, artificial intelligence, and human-computer interaction to answer fundamental questions about goal setting, goal pursuit, and cognitive growth in synergy with developing practical tools and strategies for supporting and promoting these essential cognitive abilities.

In our project on executive functions training (project leader: Dr. Maria Wirzberger) we develop a computer-based training application that helps people to stay focused and avoid distractions in real-world study and work environments. This involves conducting field experiments and lab studies with the existing software prototype with different target groups and use cases (e.g., university and high school students, knowledge workers, participants with attention disorders).

To support the next steps in this line of research, we are currently looking for a researcher (100%, pre- or postdoc) with a strong educational background in a relevant discipline such as cognitive or educational psychology, educational technology, cognitive science, human-computer interaction, or similar fields. The position requires solid prior experience in conducting and designing behavioral experiments and statistical data analysis

https://re.is.tuebingen.mpg.de/jobs/researcher-position-pre-postdoc-on-executive-functions-training-m-f-d <https://re.is.tuebingen.mpg.de/jobs/researcher-position-pre-postdoc-on-executive-functions-training-m-f-d>

For interested students from relevant disciplines, we also offer the opportunity for paid internships (duration individually negotiable) with focus on conducting behavioral experiments or software development.

https://re.is.tuebingen.mpg.de/jobs/internship-on-conducting-behavioral-experiments-in-a-project-on-executive-functions-training-m-f-d <https://re.is.tuebingen.mpg.de/jobs/internship-on-conducting-behavioral-experiments-in-a-project-on-executive-functions-training-m-f-d>
https://re.is.tuebingen.mpg.de/jobs/internship-on-software-development-in-a-project-on-executive-functions-training-m-f-d <https://re.is.tuebingen.mpg.de/jobs/internship-on-software-development-in-a-project-on-executive-functions-training-m-f-d>

The starting dates for all positions are flexible. You can contact me if you have questions regarding any of these positions and/or the executive functions training project. Applications including the required documents should be sent directly to re-jobs at tuebingen.mpg.de <mailto:re-jobs at tuebingen.mpg.de>.

Please feel free to spread the word and forward our job ads to qualified applicants. Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Maria Wirzberger

---

Dr. Maria Wirzberger
Postdoctoral Researcher
Max Planck Research Group “Rationality Enhancement”
LEAD Graduate School & Research Network

Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems
Max-Planck-Ring 4
72076 Tübingen
Germany

Office:   S2.009