[CogSci] Full Time Research Analyst Position at Vanderbilt

Jennifer Trueblood jennifer.s.trueblood at vanderbilt.edu
Thu May 30 03:41:18 PDT 2019

The Computational Decision-making Lab at Vanderbilt University invites applications for a full-time Research Analyst position to begin in late summer/fall 2019. We will begin reviewing applications immediately and continue until the position is filled. We are looking for applicants interested in applying a computational approach to studying human judgment and decision-making.

The Research Analyst will contribute to all aspects of our lab’s research, including (1) programming experiments and collecting data for laboratory and online studies; (2) analyzing data using practices geared toward fully reproducible science (e.g. OSF); and (3) general lab support and management. The ideal candidate will be interested in ultimately pursuing graduate study in psychology, neuroscience, data science, or a related field.

Qualifications:

- A Bachelor's degree in Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Psychology, Neuroscience, or a related field

- Experience developing and implementing behavioral experiments in the lab and online (such as with PsychoPy, Qualtrics, jsPsych)
- Experience interacting with human subjects
- Experience managing large online experiments (e.g., with Amazon Mechanical Turk)

- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills

Application Instructions:

Interested applicants should apply online at
https://vanderuniv.taleo.net/careersection/.vu_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=1900917&tz=GMT-05%3A00 <https://vanderuniv.taleo.net/careersection/.vu_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=1900917&tz=GMT-05:00>

The application can also be accessed at https://www.vanderbilt.edu/work-at-vanderbilt/ <https://www.vanderbilt.edu/work-at-vanderbilt/> by searching for position number 1900917. Candidates will need to create an account in the Work at Vanderbilt system in order to apply.

For questions about the position or application process, please contact jennifer.s.trueblood at vanderbilt.edu <mailto:jennifer.s.trueblood at vanderbilt.edu>

Details of the position and can also be found here:
https://computationaldecisionlab.wordpress.com <https://computationaldecisionlab.wordpress.com/>

Jennifer S. Trueblood
Department of Psychology
Vanderbilt University