[CogSci] Postbac Research Associate at Yale Psychology to start summer or fall 2019

Ilker Yildirim ilkery at mit.edu
Wed May 1 11:37:16 PDT 2019

**

*Dear Colleagues,*

*

The Cognitive & Neural Computation Lab in the Department of Psychology
at Yale University is hiring a Postbac Research Associate to start in
Summer or Fall 2019. We are seeking a candidate with strong programming
skills and a computational background to be involved in the design and
engineering of software to support the research in the lab. This is a 1
year appointment renewable for an additional year based on mutual agreement.

Research in the lab aims to elucidate biological computations supporting
how we see, reason about, and interact with our physical environments.
We approach this goal by building computational models of perception and
cognition that make contact with behavioral and neural data and that
give integrated accounts of behavior, cognitive processes, and neural
function. Work in the lab utilizes a diverse technical toolkit spanning
the fields of artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, and
computer graphics.

The successful candidate is expected to interface with and contribute to
this technical toolkit, including programming simulation environments
and implementing machine learning algorithms, and to support building
and executing online psychophysical experiments.

We are a new lab at Yale, set to begin operating in July 1st 2019, and
there are many exciting opportunities to contribute to our research and
to learn about diverse interdisciplinary topics at the intersection of
psychology, neuroscience, and computer science. You can find further
information about our research here <http://www.mit.edu/~ilkery/>.

Desiderata:

— Bachelor's degree in cognitive science, computer science, psychology,
neuroscience, or a related field.

— Coursework or significant experience in machine learning and/or
probability.

— Strong programming skills in Python.

— Experience in machine learning & optimization libraries is a plus
(e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow).

— Experience in game engine programming is a plus (e.g., Bullet, Unity,
Blender).

— Experience programming in Julia, R, or Javascript is a plus.

Applicants should send an email to Jessica Hermann at
jessica.hermann at yale.edu with the subject line “Postbac Research
Associate application” and include the following items.

1- Up to date CV and contact information for 3 references

2- A link to your GitHub page

3- A summary description of your research interests

Please feel free to forward this email to students and colleagues who
might be interested.

Ilker Yildirim

*