[CogSci] Post-Doctoral Fellowship: Computational Cognitive Development Group @ Rutgers - Newark

Elizabeth Bonawitz lbaraff at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 18:07:47 PST 2019

Please share with interested parties; apologies for cross-posting.

*Post-Doctoral Fellowships Available: Computational Cognitive Development
Group*

The Rutgers University – Newark Computational Cognitive Development group
<http://ccdlab.rutgers.edu/>, led by Dr. Elizabeth Bonawitz in
collaboration with the Cognitive and Data Science Lab
<http://shaftolab.com/> led by Dr. Patrick Shafto are looking to hire a post
-doctoral fellow. The funded positions will include research on children’s
learning broadly, with projects focusing on how question asking can promote
discovery. An interest in factors related to individual differences and
SES, as well a large-scale data collection interventions is encouraged.

We are particularly interested in candidates with some technical skills,
including strong statistics background and some familiarity with coding.
There will also be opportunities to continue to develop computational modeling
skills.

Post-docs have the opportunity to lead research projects and are supported
by ample resources including research space, a dedicated lab manager, and
post-bac and undergraduate research assistants.  Our lab also collaborates
closely with the Rutgers Newark Child Research Labs
<https://crlrutgers.wixsite.com/website> (Drs. Vanessa LoBue, Miriam
Rosenberg-Lee, & Gretchen Van de Walle).  We are located in the heart of
New Jersey’s largest city and are an easy, 25-minute train ride from
downtown Manhattan.

Required qualifications

n  Ph.D in Cognitive Science, Psychology, Education, or related field

n  Experience conducting developmental research (ideally early childhood)

n  Interest in developing experience in computational modeling (it is not
required that candidates already have extensive modeling experience, though
a background in statistics, mathematics, and/or computer science is a plus.)

To apply please send the following to me (lbaraff at gmail.com) by March 30th,
but note that earlier applications are encouraged, as candidates will be
interviewed on a rolling basis, and those attending SRCD may be invited to
interview during the conference:

n  Cover letter

n  CV

n  2-3 representative publications

n  List of 2-3 references that are able to supply a letter upon request

Start date ideally begins this summer (2019).

--
Elizabeth Bonawitz
Assistant Professor