[CogSci] Post-doc position at Neuroplasticity & Development Lab Johns Hopkins

Marina Bedny marina.bedny at jhu.edu
Wed Jul 10 07:37:47 PDT 2019

Post-doc position at Neuroplasticity & Development Lab Johns Hopkins University, PI: Marina Bedny
The Neuroplasticity & Development Lab invites applicants for a post-doctoral fellowship position. The postdoctoral fellow will develop a research program investigating how experience shapes human cognitive and neural development and plasticity. Our laboratory compares cognition in adults and children with different development experiences using techniques such as fMRI, TMS and behavioral measures. A key research direction compares neurocognitive function among individuals who are blind and sighted. We investigate visual cortex function in blindness as a window into mechanisms of brain development and plasticity in humans. We also study how sensory and linguistic experience contributes to concepts and their neural basis (e.g. color concepts in blindness, neural basis of concrete entity and event representations in blind and sighted individuals). For more information about our research go to http://bednylab.com/. Also check out Paper Session 3 at CogSci 2019.
The post-doctoral fellow will be encouraged to take part in the intellectually rich cognitive science and neuroscience communities of Johns Hopkins University.
Qualifications: A Ph.D. in Psychology, Cognitive Neuroscience or related field is required. Qualified applicants will have a strong interest in neuroplasticity and cognition. Expertise in fMRI is preferred but candidates with proficiency in other relevant domains/techniques will also be considered (e.g. developmental psychology, psycholinguistics, TMS/EEG/DTI). Excellent computational skills are strongly preferred.
How to Apply: Candidates should submit a letter of interest, a CV and contact information for three references by emailing the lab director at marina.bedny at jhu.edu<mailto:marina.bedny at jhu.edu>. The letter of interest should be no more than a single page long and should include a statement of what research the applicant wishes to pursue during their post-doctoral training and why they believe this job is a good fit to their specific research interests and career goals. Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. The starting date is flexible and available candidates could begin work immediately.
Marina Bedny
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences
Johns Hopkins University
http://bednylab.com/
mbedny1 at jhu.edu<mailto:mbedny1 at jhu.edu>