[CogSci] UC Berkeley Language and Cognitive Development Lab 2019 Summer Internship

Jon Wehry lcdmanager at berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 25 09:30:49 PST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for crossposting. Please share the below summer internship
information with interested lab members and students.

UC Berkeley
Language and Cognitive Development Lab 2019 Summer Internship
Prof. Mahesh Srinivasan

The Language and Cognitive Development Lab at UC Berkeley, under the
direction of Prof. Mahesh Srinivasan, is accepting applications for their
summer internship. The goal of this program is to provide a comprehensive,
hands-on research experience to highly motivated students, while making
valuable contributions to cognitive science.

Our lab explores how linguistic, cognitive, and social abilities arise
during human development. A central goal of our research is exploring how
these different aspects of development interact with one another. Interns
will work closely with the lab manager, graduate students, postdoctoral
fellows, and each other, and will meet with Professor Srinivasan to discuss
their research. Interns will be involved in many facets of the research
process, such as: assisting with data collection, working on stimuli
creation and preparation of study materials, reading relevant theoretical
and empirical papers, recruiting participants, and processing or analyzing
data. Interns will also have the opportunity to test participants at
preschools or children's museums in the Bay Area. Lastly, interns will
attend weekly lab meetings and reading groups to discuss the theory behind
research projects, and will have the opportunity to present on the projects
they are assigned during the internship. We hope that interns will come
away from these activities with an enriched understanding of language and
cognitive development.

This internship will run from June 3rd – August 2nd and requires 30 hours
of work per week. We will consider a late start for applicants on a quarter
system. We recommend applicants apply for outside funding, but will provide
a stipend of $1500 to those who are not able to secure funding. For more
information, please see our website
http://lcdlab.berkeley.edu/summer-internship/. Please submit all
application materials (found on our website) by March 15th at 8:00 AM PST.

If you have any questions about the program or our lab, please refer to our
website (http://lcdlab.berkeley.edu/) or contact us at
lcdmanager at berkeley.edu.

Best,
Jon Wehry