[CogSci] Call for papers - MathPsych/ICCM 2018 - Deadline Extended: March 22nd, 11.59pm CDT

MathPsych ICCM mathpsych.iccm.2018 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 05:48:45 PDT 2018

Call for papers - MathPsych/ICCM 2018

University of Wisconsin, Madison

July 21st-24th, 2018
(July 21st is for Workshops, Tutorials & Opening reception)

Deadline Extended: March 22nd, 11.59pm CDT.

Conference details: http://mathpsych.org/conferences/2018/

Submission details:  http://mathpsych.org/conferences/2018/submissions/

We invite you to MathPsych/ICCM 2018, the joint gathering of the 51st
Annual Meeting of the Society for Mathematical Psychology and the 16th
International Conference on Cognitive Modeling (ICCM): the premier
conference for research on computational models and computation-based
theories of human cognition.  Following our success in 2017, ICCM has again
joined forces with the Society for Mathematical Psychology to create a
conference in which all sessions are open to all attendees, and cross-talk
is highly encouraged.

MathPsych/ICCM 2018 is a forum for presenting and discussing the complete
spectrum of cognitive modeling approaches, including connectionism,
symbolic modeling, dynamical systems, Bayesian modeling, and cognitive
architectures. Research topics can range from low-level perception to
high-level reasoning. We welcome papers presenting modeling concepts that
are supported by empirical data. We also welcome contributions that use
computational models to better understand neuroscientific data. Members of
the Common Model of Cognition group and other contributors interested in
architectural issues are encouraged to use the keywords “Common model of
cognition.”

We are pleased to announce four world-class invited speakers:
Angela Yu (University of California, San Diego)

Naomi Feldman (University of Maryland)
Estes Early Career Award: Jennifer Trueblood (Vanderbilt University)

FABBS Early Career Award: Leslie Blaha (Pacific Northwest National
Laboratory, sponsored by Springer)

We will have two invited symposia:

   -

   Should statistics determine the practice of science, or science
   determine the practice of statistics?

(Organizers:  Rich Shiffrin & Joachim Vandekerckhove)

   -

   Probabilistic Specification and Quantitative Testing of Decision Theories
   (Organizers:  Michel Regenwetter & Clintin Stober)
   -

   Computational Brain & Behavior, a new journal sponsored by the Society
   for Mathematical Psychology

    (Organizer:  Scott Brown)

We have separate submissions for the MathPsych parallel tracks and the ICCM
single-track. For MathPsych, submissions are brief 250-word abstracts to be
considered for both talks and posters. For ICCM submissions are 6-page full
papers to be considered for talks, and 2-page poster abstracts. We are
working with TopiCS to create a special issue based on the best full ICCM
papers. Submissions may be made by researchers, faculty, post-docs,
graduate students and undergraduate students. Any one person may present
only one paper, but may also be a co-author of other papers (when you are
presenting author of a MathPsych paper, you cannot also be a presenting
author of an ICCM paper and vica versa). We also welcome pre-conference
workshop/tutorial submissions that are not specific to MathPsych or ICCM.
All types of submissions are due on March 22nd, 11.59pm CDT.

On the evening of July 21st, there will be a celebration of the launch of
the new journal, Computational Brain & Behavior. The event is sponsored by
the journal’s publisher, Springer.

Registration fees will be $200 (faculty/professionals) and $80 (students).
Registration will open in May.

We hope to see you in Madison!

Ion Juvina, Joseph Houpt, and Christopher Myers (ICCM co-chairs)

Joseph Austerweil and Joseph Houpt (MathPsych co-chairs)