[CogSci] Postdoctoral Position EmotionLab Karolinska Institutet

Andreas Olsson andreas.olsson at ki.se
Wed Jan 10 06:34:37 PST 2018

The Emotion Lab at Karolinska Institutet (Dept. of Clin. Neuroscience/Psychology), directed by Dr. Andreas Olsson, welcomes applications for a postdoctoral position in social and affective cognitive neuroscience.

The overarching goal of our research is to understand how emotional information is transmitted, learned and regulated in social situations. We are particularly interested in the neural mechanisms underlying responses to threat, aversions, and safety, and how these processes interact with social cognition and decision-making to produce behavior. For more info about our research, and recent publications, please see our web-site: www.emotionlab.se<http://www.emotionlab.se>

The successful candidate will be a part of a productive and dynamic research environment and work on projects investigating emotional learning and social cognition with a focus on fMRI. The position provides an excellent opportunity for transition to career independence, including faculty supervision, and an individual development plan to support the publication of research, grant applications etc.

Applicants should have a PhD in psychology, cognitive neuroscience, engineering, or a related field with a promising publication record. A strong quantitative background, and experience of design, implementation and analysis of behavioral and fMRI experiments is necessary. We are particularly looking for someone with strong computational programming skills, including experience with R, Python, or Matlab. Strengths in statistical knowledge, and experience of advanced aspects of neuroimaging data analysis, including machine learning and multivariate analysis, are desirable. Excellent oral and written English language skills are required.

For more info about the position and to apply, please see: https://ki.mynetworkglobal.com/se/what:job/jobID:183739/type:job/where:4/apply:1

For any questions relating to the position, please email Dr. Andreas Olsson (andreas.olsson at ki.se<mailto:andreas.olsson at ki.se>)
Andreas Olsson, Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer|Associate Professor
Dept. of Clinical Neuroscience|Psychology|Karolinska Institutet
171 77 Stockholm, Sweden|+46-8-52482459
www.emotionlab.se<http://www.emotionlab.se/>