[CogSci] PhD / Postdoc positions in multisensory perception / EEG Bielefeld

Christoph Kayser christoph.kayser at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jan 8 01:46:49 PST 2018

The Department of Cognitive Neuroscience at Bielefeld University, Germany,
is advertising a 3-year Postdoctoral position, and a 3-year PhD position in
auditory and multisensory neuroimaging studies.

We are looking to fill two 3-year positions to complement our research on
auditory or multisensory perception based on a combination of behavioural,
neuroimaging (EEG) and statistical modelling techniques.

The Department for Cognitive Neuroscience is dedicated to understanding the
integration of sensory information in the brain. The planned studies use
state of the art EEG imaging, combined with eyetracking, psychophysical
paradigms, and substantive quantitative data analysis to better understand
when and how the brain transforms sensory information into a conscious
percept. Further details about our research can be found on our website
<http://www.uni-bielefeld.de/biologie/cns/>
http://www.uni-bielefeld.de/biologie/cns/

The positions involve all aspects of study design, implementation, data
collection, data analysis and the write up of results. Contributions to the
supervision of student projects or the preparation of practical courses are
expected.

Applicants should have a background in neuroscience, cognitive science,
psychology, mathematics, or a relevant discipline. Applicants for the
post-doc position should have a doctoral degree or equivalent title in a
relevant discipline. We are especially interested in devotion to advanced
quantitative data analysis including the capabilities to program or modify
analysis code. The ideal applicant will have a strong analytical background
and direct experience using MATLAB software. Applicants should have
enthusiasm, and a clear, demonstrable capacity for acquiring expertise in
these techniques.

The positions are funded for 3 years starting ideally in April 2018, at
Germany salary grades TV-L E13 (100% for post-doc, 65% for PhD student).

The official adverts with all relevant details (in German) can be found
here, under references ‘wiss17359’ and ‘wiss17356’:

<https://www.uni-bielefeld.de/Universitaet/Aktuelles/Stellenausschreibungen/
auswiss_2013.html>
https://www.uni-bielefeld.de/Universitaet/Aktuelles/Stellenausschreibungen/a
uswiss_2013.html

Prof. Christoph Kayser
Research Group Cognitive Neuroscience, Faculty of Biology
UHG W3-110, Bielefeld University
Universitätsstr. 25
33615 Bielefeld, Germany

Tel. +49 (521) 106-570