[CogSci] Research Assistant Position in the NeuroCognition Lab at Tufts

Lena Warnke warnke.lena at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 07:41:59 PST 2018

Research Assistant Position

START DATE: April 2018 - Summer 2018.

JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW: We are seeking a full time Research Assistant to
assist with all aspects of our cognitive neuroscience and psycholinguistic
research. Our lab is interested in where and when the brain is activated
during language processing in healthy individuals and in patients with
schizophrenia. For more information about what we do, see:
http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/kuperberglab/. The responsibilities of this
position are varied and involve the coordination of all aspects of research
projects, including collecting and analyzing neuroimaging (fMRI, MEG, ERP)
data, statistical analysis, scientific manuscript writing, and maintaining
the day-to-day operations of the lab.

In addition to the intellectual reward, the position would give the holder
experience of research in experimental psychology, cognitive neuroscience,
psycholinguistics, clinical applications, as well as database and program
management. This is an ideal research opportunity for someone bound for
graduate school in cognitive neuroscience, psycholinguistics or cognitive
psychology. Our lab has sites at both Tufts University (Medford, MA) and
the Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging (Charlestown, MA), both of which
are easily accessible from Boston, MA.

BASIC REQUIREMENTS:

(1)          B.A., B.Sc. degree in Experimental Psychology, Linguistics,
computer science, or a closely related field.

(2)          Strong interest in how language is processed in the brain.

(3)          Very strong quantitative and analytic skills and comfort with
programs such as Excel and Powerpoint.

(4)          Some research experience with statistics and familiarity with
statistical analysis software such as SPSS or R.

(5)          Very strong organizational skills: Must be self-motivated,
resourceful, very organized; able to multi-task and prioritize.

(6)          Strong computational skills and some programming experience
(e.g. Python, R, MATLAB) and familiarity with Linux/Unix environments and
bash/shell scripting.

(7)          Ability to work well in teams, with strong communication
(verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.

(8)          A two-year time commitment is requested.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:

Previous experience on ERP data collection and analysis

OTHER:

Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Tufts University is
an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Full-time employees
receive full benefits.

TO APPLY:

Please complete our online application, link:
https://tufts.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_aVGFWPmGGPnsovj

CONTACT:

Please direct any technical questions regarding the application to Lena
Warnke at lena.warnke at tufts.edu

All other questions regarding the application should be sent to Dr. Gina
Kuperberg at GKuperberg at mgh.harvard.edu

Lab website: http://kuperberglab.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/