[CogSci] Full-time lab manager position at Stanford (Social Learning Lab)

Hyowon Gweon hyo at stanford.edu
Sun Dec 16 19:43:13 PST 2018

Dear Colleagues,

We are looking for a new lab manager to start summer 2019!  Please feel free to share the info with anyone who might be interested.  (Apologies for cross-posting!)

 Lab Manager - Social Learning Lab @ Stanford University
The Social Learning Lab (SLL, PI: Hyowon Gweon) in the Department of Psychology at Stanford University welcomes enthusiastic, motivated individuals to apply for a lab manager position to start in summer 2019. This person will work closely with other lab members to assist in all aspects of running the lab and conducting research.

The goal of our research is to understand the cognitive underpinnings of our ability to learn from others and help others learn.  We employ a variety of methods, ranging from behavioral studies with infants and children, in-lab and online studies with adults, and neuroimaging (fMRI). These studies are often accompanied by computational models that formalize the underlying cognitive processes that give rise to observable behavior.

Job Description: We are looking for someone who would feel comfortable being involved in all aspects of research and take care of general lab business. Examples of lab business include (but are not limited to):  data collection/analysis, managing databases, training & coordinating undergraduate RAs, stimuli construction, maintaining computer software/hardware, and coordinating outreach activities. The lab has off-campus research sites in public museums, and the job will involve regular visits to these sites. Opportunities to develop independent research projects will also be available.

Requirements: A BA or BS degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Computer Science, or in related fields would be helpful but not required. We will consider research experience (particularly in cognitive development or cognitive neuroscience), quantitative background (statistics, data analysis), and technical skills (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, Javascript), organizational skills, and communicative abilities in the selection process. (Note: The applicant should be eligible to work in the US as a full-time employee).

This position will be posted as a one-year position. However we expect the position to be held for at least two years; renewal will be contingent upon performance.

Please refer to Join Our Lab<http://sll.stanford.edu/contact_joining.html> page (http://sll.stanford.edu) for more information on how to apply. Note that we ask all applicants to submit their answers to a list of questions as part of the application. To ensure full consideration, please apply by February 1, 2019. Inquiries: sll.stanford at gmail.com.

Hyowon Gweon, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor
Department of Psychology
450 Serra Mall, Jordan Hall (Bldg. 420)