[CogSci] 8th Joint Action Meeting (JAM) - 2nd call for submissions

Andrea Cavallo andrea.cavallo at unito.it
Wed Dec 12 07:45:12 PST 2018

*8th Joint Action Meeting (JAM VIII)*
Genova, July 10-13, 2019

[image: JAM-Logo4.jpg]

Organized in collaboration with Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT)

Dear friends and colleagues,

We invite you to attend the 8th bi-annual Joint Action Meeting (JAM) which
brings together cognitive scientists and researchers from related
disciplines studying individuals’ ability to act together. Human life is
full of joint actions, ranging from a handshake to the performance of a
symphony. We are highly skilled at coordinating our actions with those of
others to reach common goals, and rely on this ability throughout our daily
lives. What are the cognitive and neural processes underlying this ability?
How does joint action develop? How do language and gesture support and
emerge from joint action? What are the basic principles needed to build
robotic systems that can interact with humans? What does differentiate
joint action from individual action, both conceptually and in terms of
experience? The scientific program will comprise oral presentations and
posters addressing these and related questions. Contributions will present
the latest research and thinking on a range of different topics, including
language as a form of joint action, the interplay of perception and action
in joint action, and the phylogenetic, ontogenetic, and cultural
foundations of joint action.

This conference is supported by Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia,
Università degli Studi di Genova, and Central European University.

For information about JAM VIII, visit https://www.intobrain.it/jam8/

*SUBMISSIONS *

We invite submissions for talks (15 minutes + 5 minutes discussion) or
posters on joint action. The abstract should be no longer than 200 words.
Deadline for submission is February 15th, 2019. The abstract title should
clearly define the work discussed. Abstracts reporting empirical studies
must contain the specific goals of the study, the methods used, a summary
of the results, and a conclusion. For theoretical work, the abstract should
contain the specific goals and clear conclusions. Please note that although
we do encourage submissions from a broad range of topics and perspectives,
we will only be able to accept contributions that directly inform our
understanding of joint action. We will do our best to accommodate your
preference for talk/poster, but given the tight schedule we cannot
guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your preference.

For more information about the abstract submission, visit
https://www.intobrain.it/en/jam8/abstract-submission/

We look forward to seeing you in Genova next summer! Please forward the
announcement to anybody who might be interested in attending JAM VIII.

For general information: JAM8in2019 at gmail.com

The JAM organizing team

*Organizing Committee*

Andrea Cavallo, University of Turin and Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia

Arianna Curioni, Central European University

Andrea Jenei, Central European University

Irene Rivara, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia

Thomas Wolf, Central European University

*Scientific Committee*

Cristina Becchio, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia

Antonio Camurri, University of Genoa

Andrea Cavallo, University of Turin and Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia

Arianna Curioni, Central European University

Gunther Knoblich, Central European University

Natalie Sebanz, Central European University

Thomas Wolf, Central European University

[image: image.png]                                [image: image.png]

--
Andrea Cavallo, PhD
Department of Psychology