[CogSci] NSF SALE Workshop at Georgia Tech

Goel, Ashok K ashok.goel at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Aug 2 09:43:17 PDT 2018

Scalable Advanced Learning Ecosystems (SALE)
Nov. 29-30, 2018

Please save the date for a National Science Foundation-funded summit, Scalable Advanced Learning Ecosystems (SALE), to be hosted at The Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta on November 29-30, 2018.

This event will bring together leaders in higher education and educational technology from across the globe to brainstorm and strategize creating cost-effective, sustainable, and scalable educational environments, or, SALE -- Scalable Advanced Learning Ecosystems.

This two-day summit will be hosted at the Global Learning Center (GLC) on Georgia Tech’s campus and will feature several invited speakers who will facilitate conversations on personalized learning systems, intelligent tutoring systems, immersive learning environments, and data mining and learning analytics. The goal will be to craft a collective vision for institutions to combine these technologies with considerations for student engagement, research, and business models that that make up SALEs.

The SALE Summit call is open but has limited spots for participation. Stay tuned for our call for participant proposals.

Please reach out to me if you have any questions. We look forward to exploring the future of learning with you!

Sincerely,

Rob Kadel
Assistant Director for Research in Education Innovation
Center for 21st Century Universities (C21U)

Yakut Gazi
Associate Dean, Learning Systems
Georgia Tech Professional Education (GTPE)

Ashok Goel
Professor of Computer Science and Cognitive Science
School of Interactive Computing
College of Computing

Steve Harmon
Director of Education Innovation
Center for 21st Century Universities
Associate Dean for Research
Georgia Tech Professional Education
________________________________

Ashok K. Goel

Professor, School of Interactive Computing,

Georgia Institute of Technology

http://dilab.gatech.edu/ashok-k-goel/

Editor-in-Chief, AI Magazine

http://www.aaai.org/Magazine/magazine.php