[CogSci] Job posting

Lussier, Courtney courtney.lussier at rochester.edu
Thu Apr 5 09:43:30 PDT 2018

To whom it may concern:

I would like to post the below listing. Please let me know if there are further steps I need to take to do so.

Thank you!

Courtney Lussier

CAOs Lab Coordinator

Lab Manager/Research Assistant

Professor Jessica Cantlon is seeking a full-time research assistant and lab manager for the Concepts, Actions, and Objects Lab at the University of Rochester/Carnegie Mellon (http://caoslab.bcs.rochester.edu<http://caoslab.bcs.rochester.edu/>).  The position will offer the opportunity to engage in a wide array of research methods converging on the topic of conceptual thought.  The research focuses on the organization of concepts and categories (e.g., numbers, letters, faces, tools) in the adult and developing brain.  Techniques include functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and cognitive testing with adults, children, and neuropsychological patients.

Responsibilities will include designing and programming stimulus materials, and data collection and analysis.  Additional responsibilities include participant recruiting, IRB protocol maintenance, and other managerial duties (e.g., supervising undergraduates).  The ideal candidate will have basic programming experience with MATLAB and/or fMRI software (e.g., SPM, BrainVoyager, FSL). Experience testing children in cognitive paradigms is also desired.

Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to kidneurolab at gmail.com