[CogSci] Fwd: Society for Affective Science 2018 Conference

Doug Markant dmarkant at uncc.edu
Mon Nov 6 08:00:52 PST 2017

Dear all, please see the announcement below from a colleague (apologies for any cross posts!):

___________________

Hello Members of the Cognitive Science Society,

I am writing to you regarding the Society for Affective Science and its annual meeting, which will take place at the UCLA Luskin Conference Center in Los Angeles, CA, April 26-28, 2018 <https://society-for-affective-science.org/node/150>. The Society for Affective Science Annual Meeting is the premiere venue to present and learn about all things related to emotion.

As a previous attendee and a member of the membership and outreach committee, I encourage you and your students to attend!  Personally, I have found the meeting to be very engaging-- it is the best conference for emotion research broadly. The Society for Affective Science Annual Meeting is also a great venue for students and trainees of all levels; my students and I have benefited immensely from the meeting.

I am attaching a flyer that includes exciting highlights from the upcoming meeting and opportunities for you and your students to submit abstracts for flash talks or posters.

I would encourage you to submit an abstract! The submission deadline date for the 2018 Call for Abstracts for Flash Talks and Posters will be Friday, November 17, 2017.

I hope to see you at the 2018 SAS meeting!

All the best,

Sara M. Levens, PhD
Assistant Professor of Psychology
9201 University City Blvd. Charlotte, NC 28223
Phone: 704-687-1965; Fax: 704-687-1317
slevens at uncc.edu